Easily cut 500 calories from your diet every day!
You don’t have to feel deprived when you do some easy swaps. It is easy to get caught up in eating on the go or take out from restaurants all the time if you work full time. Unfortunately, this can double the calories that you would consume if you ate at home or brought lunch with you. It just takes a slightly different mindset and some extra planning. You will save a lot of money too, so go buy yourself that outfit you have been eyeing in a smaller size!
Here’s 6 easy ways to cut 500 or more calories every day:
- Set your alarm for 15 minutes earlier so you can make a bowl of oatmeal with fresh fruit and nuts instead of grabbing a muffin at Starbucks. Save 400 calories!
- Ask your waitperson to take the bread off the table before you order your drinks. Once we have a glass of wine, our discipline goes out the window. A couple of pieces of bread dipped in olive oil can run near 1,000 calories!
- Eat at home instead! A study published July 2014 in Public Health Nutrition found that when people cooked at home versus going out to eat, they consumed almost 200 calories less at each meal (along with less saturated fat and sodium).
- Choose a grilled chicken breast with spicy sauce instead of an appetizer of chicken wings. A serving of eight chicken wings can have upwards of 800 calories. You’ll also drastically cut the saturated fat that comes from the skin of the chicken wing and the frying process.
- If you are a meat-eater, choose a top sirloin filet instead of ribeye steak that can tip 1,000 calories! Calories cut: More than 600!
- Skip the full entry altogether. Most of us are conditioned to order off the main menu, but if you really want to stay lean and mean, it is better to order a healthy appetizer and a side salad. Most restaurants serve far too much food, and it goes to waste. Stay healthy and save our landfills.